5611 16th St NW Washington DC 20016
Dr. Steve Kishter & Dr. Freddie Hoffman could see past the gauche kitchen remodel from the 1960’s. They began seeking out a Washington DC Design Build Contractor...Read More
Jay Rambo Custom Kitchen Cabinets:
• Door -5/4" thick, Plainview Inset Door.
• Painted Custom Cabinets w/ biscuit paint.
• Cabinets Quarter Sawn Oak, Restoration stain
We have experienced home renovators (our 5th kitchen!) ...looking for a Design-Build Contractor with skills to renovate an old structure to very exacting standards. Signature Kitchens Additions & Baths met and exceeded our expectations. ...Read More
Our exceptional project designers, our employed craftsman along with our project coordinators & procedures make your intangible project seem easy!
Let’s Get Your Project Started!
• Cabinet Line-Jay Rambo Custom Kitchen Cabinets, Tulsa Oklahoma, Signature KAB’s exclusive line.
• Door Style-5/4″ thick, Plainview Inset Door, contemporary edge, with exposed hinges.
• Painted Custom Cabinets Wood Species -Maple w/ biscuit paint.
• Stained Kitchen Cabinets Wood Species -Quarter Sawn Oak, Restoration stain color.
• Counter Top-Calcutta Cremo Delicato Marble, Honed.
• Kitchen Design Back Splash- ceramic tile with a crackle finish.
• Kitchen Cabinet Lighting- Juno LED.
• Flooring-2″ Hexagon un-glazed porcelain imported from New York subway tile manufacturer.
• Lighting: Lightolier, Juno & Rejuvenation Hardware
• 2 piece Bathroom Floor Tile- back and white marble basket weave imported from France.
• Powder Room Wall Tile- 6″ x 12″ Honed White Carrera Marble.
• Powder Room Faucet-Watermark Gramercy 321 Manufactured in Bronx NY. This is another exclusive line at Signature Kitchens Additions & Baths.
The Project Story
Dr. Steve Kishter & Dr. Freddie Hoffman wanted to engage in a whole house remodel at 5611 16th St NW DC 20011. Although the couple had lived in the home for eight years they had not touched the gauche kitchen remodel the prior owner had engaged in during the 1960’s. Soon they were seeking out a Washington DC Design Build Contractor.
Their goals for the kitchen design which would be tackled first in the whole house remodel were:
• Create a 21st century kitchen design that was reminiscent of the 1925 original.
• Create a better connection between the first floor & basement to the back yard.
• Bring more light into the kitchen design.
• Take advantage of the large footprint to create a better working kitchen floor plan .
• Redesign the powder room and add more closet space
DC resident and senior Bath & Kitchen Designer Joe Gelletich at Signature Kitchens Additions & Baths designed the kitchen, bathroom and basement addressing the following:
• Moved access to basement which was under the future rear entrance off the breakfast nook.
• Eliminated the rear door in the kitchen which simply precluded good kitchen design.
• Eliminated one window to properly locate a 60” range and hood.
• Re opened one window that had been closed in previous 1960’s kitchen remodel.
• Opened a load bearing wall between kitchen and sun room to create a breakfast room, installed divided light pocket doors to mimic the French doors in the house.
• Re-created the original 1925 back hall with coat closet, powder room and access to the basement.
• Opened the rear brick wall to install a new quad casement window to bring more light into the new kitchen design above the porcelain farm sink.
• All of the extensive brick work was done by Signature Kitchens Additions & Baths in house mason with brick which had not been made in 50 years. An early search had found two cubes in Illinois which were quickly acquired.
• Update the electrical wiring.
Dr Steve Kishter’s Houzz Review…The first major project in the never ending renovation of our 1920s home was the gut remodel of the kitchen area, which included re-configuring the existing footprint to create a back hall with powder room, and a breakfast room. We also remodeled the third floor (which included a bath), and the entire basement, which included an exercise room, media room, and bath. We are experienced home renovators (this was our fifth kitchen!) and were looking for a firm that had the skills to renovate an old structure to very exacting standards. Signature Kitchens met and exceeded our expectations. Joe is an outstanding designer, having a true feel for how everything would integrate in an existing space, giving us a totally up to date kitchen, but with respect for the period details we were looking for. Gary and his team are truly unique, in that they are capable of dealing with the complex problems inevitably encountered in reconstructing old houses. The one minor criticism we would offer relates to project management. Although we recognize that our project was very complex, there were periods of downtime that could have been minimized. That said, the results were worth the wait. Last (but not least!), the construction crew was the cleanest and most meticulous we have ever had the pleasure of working with. Dust, noise, and debris are an unavoidable part of remodeling, but Gary’s crew kept it all to a minimum and cleaned up after themselves daily. Remarkable!
Tags: Design Build Contractors DC, Washington DC Design Build Contractors, kitchen remodel companies dc, kitchen remodel contractors dc, bathroom remodeling DC, kitchen remodeling companies dc