5 Remodeling Ideas for Rockville Kitchens
Are you in the planning stages of a kitchen renovation? The first step is to determine what’s working and what isn’t. This way, you get a sense of what needs to change and what can stay the same.
For instance, you may only be interested in updating the fixtures and finishes to modernize your Rockville home and help it match your style. Then again, you may need a more in-depth overhaul, rearranging your kitchen to better suit your family’s needs.
No matter the case, kitchen remodeling starts by considering what to keep and what to replace. Use these five remodeling ideas for Rockville kitchens to help you jumpstart your project.
1. Add a Kitchen Island
The opportunity to add extra storage space, a larger work surface, and in-kitchen seating makes a kitchen island one of the most popular features. If the layout can accommodate an island, adding one may be relatively simple. But in many cases, it’s necessary to knock down walls or reconfigure the existing counters and cabinets to make space.
If you add an island to your Rockville kitchen, know that you have endless materials and styles to choose from. The island can match the rest of your cabinets or have contrasting colors and designs to create a focal point. The choice is yours.
2. Install New Cabinetry
Besides changing the layout, nothing has a greater impact on your kitchen’s appearance than installing new cabinets. Here are some custom designs to consider:
- Glass doors and open shelving showcase your charming dishware.
- Corner units and ceiling-height cabinets maximize every available inch.
- Storage solutions include pullout shelves, vertical spice racks, pullouts for cookie sheets and cutting boards, built-in trash and recycling drawers, and more.
- Mixed and matched cabinet styles and colors create a unique, trendy look.
3. Replace Your Countertops
Kitchen counters are another impactful element. The key when choosing a material is to balance durability and beauty. Quartz is one of the most popular countertop materials because it easily achieves this balance.
Quartz is made by suspending natural quartz stone in polyester or acrylic resins. The result is an elegant, non-porous, low-maintenance surface available in various colors and patterns. With so much versatility, there may be no need to consider any other material.
4. Upgrade to New Appliances
Mismatched appliances can be a significant eyesore in your Rockville kitchen. In addition to choosing the right brand, features, and sleek stainless steel or matte black finish, you must also consider appliance locations.
Keep the work triangle in mind, knowing that the distance between the refrigerator, cooking area, and sink should be four to seven feet.
5. Update the Light Fixtures
Lighting may not be the first thing you think of when picturing your new kitchen, but the right light fixtures can make your kitchen more functional and dramatic. The most in-depth lighting design includes:
- General or ambient lighting, such as recessed can lights or surface-mounted light fixtures
- Task lighting to illuminate a specific work area, including recessed spotlights, cooktop lights, island pendants, and under-cabinet lighting
- Accent lighting to add depth and dimension to the kitchen, such as in-cabinet LEDs, cove lighting, and toe kick lighting
- Decorative lighting to draw attention to itself, including artful glass pendants and chandeliers
Schedule Your Kitchen Remodeling Consultation
It’s one thing to know every feature of your dream kitchen — another thing to make it a reality. If you’re ready to stop dreaming and start planning, turn to Signature Kitchens Additions & Baths. We provide top kitchen design and remodeling services, working closely with you to achieve a seamless blend of beauty and function in your newly renovated kitchen.
Our design process centers on delivering your specific requests in a fun, stress-free environment.
Neighbors Are Saying